Thursday, November 29, 2007

I love to check!

Don't you just love to check things off your lists? I have a friend, who will remain unnamed (but you know who you are, JM!) that loves to make lists. The funny thing is that the list has to be made on a new note pad, so I can only imagine the collection of notepads at her house. I also love to make lists; however, any ol' piece of paper towel, envelope or receipt will do for me. The only thing I love more than making a list is checking things off of it.

Well, today I hope to make a huge check on the Christmas shopping list. I have two gifts left to buy. One for a brother-in-law and one for my sweet hubby. Any ideas? Brother-in-law is a nurse and EMT. He works extremely long hours and pretty much 7 days a week. I thought about a Starbucks gift card, but I don't know if he's a coffee guy. Hubby is the guy who doesn't ask for anything, doesn't give ideas, and usually if there's something he really wants, he just gets it. He is also very frugal. Did I mention he checks our online banking like 27 times a day? So, if I get something I have to work hard to hide it from him. Oh, I never carry cash (make note...add "get cash" to list. Yes! Another thing I can check off later!)

I am noticing that I grossly abuse the () parenthetical phrasing in my writing. I'm going to have to work on that. Add it to the list!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I just added "check online statements again" to my list...

Shawn said...

Hmmm, something tells me that last comment wasn't from me. I must have an in-home blog stalker.

Ashley said...

I am giggling... and adding that go ahead and use your parentesis... I have discovered I am myself... and elipse girl!