Thursday, March 27, 2008

Babies don't keep

I had to (got to!) forgo several chores on the "to do" list this morning because I had a baby that needed some good rocking chair time with mommy. I rarely get the opportunity to rock my baby as she really just prefers to go to sleep on her own. (Thank you Mr. Ezzo!) Ella Kate actually fell asleep this morning during our rocking and all I kept thinking about was a little poem my mom embroidered and had up on the wall in her kitchen.

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,
For babies grow up, I've learned, to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
(Ruth Hulburt Hamilton)

So true, isn't it?

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I love my kids' mommy...

-Daddy

Jessica said...

I'm about to cry...how do they grow so fast? My baby will be one in a month and he's my last (right, God?!)!! I love that extra snuggle time so much!

Enjoying Life Together said...

Thanks, Heather, for MAKING ME CRY!! ~Sabrina