Monday, May 5, 2008

Feliz Cinco De Mayo!!

That title is only a drop in the bucket for my attempt at celebrating this exciting day.
Our day started with an email from my very caucasion husband in a very Nicaraguan country (my heart skipped at least a thousand beats to see that in my inbox),
Monkey bread for breakfast
(I have no idea how that is part of the celebration other than it has cinnamon on it...I'm trying people.)
Followed by my little Mexican jumping beans playing at Fun Zone.

Our evening will be completed with some "football" practice (that's soccer, ya'll)
AND
Red Snapper Tacos with black bean/corn salsa and a snappy chipotle yogurt sauce to go on top.
The only possible way to make this day any better would be to have fajitas for lunch at Pappasitos...heck, I'd settle for Casa Ole. Alas, the fish tacos will have to do.

Buenos Dios Amigos! (or is it amigas? I took French)
(edited at 8:10 pm***Thanks Grandmama for letting me know that I was using the Lord's name disrespectfully. I believe that is Buenos DIAS. Sorry, like I said..French is more my game.)
Anyhow...Ya'll have a good one!


1 comment:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Thanks for the laughs! :) I'd "settle" for some Casa Ole' too!! ~Sabrina