I could try to explain the week I've had, but instead I'll just show you what is sitting in my "spot" on my couch.

LOVE this book!
This book is great for reminding us to train the heart. It also gives great ideas for school readiness, but on the correction level...not so much for my particular little blessing.
I heart Lisa Whelchel. I already loved her as Blair on The Facts of Life but this girl has some great ideas for correcting your sweet little blessings.
My favorite for today and will be used:
If child is stomping around because he is mad, frustrated, angry...whatever, make him go out to the driveway and "practice" his stomping for one minute. After stomping for one minute have him stomp for another but much harder this time.
Another favorite for door slammers:
When child storms off and slams door, have them stand at the door and practice closing it nicely 100 times.
Back to my couch.
This book is great for reminding us to train the heart. It also gives great ideas for school readiness, but on the correction level...not so much for my particular little blessing. I heart Lisa Whelchel. I already loved her as Blair on The Facts of Life but this girl has some great ideas for correcting your sweet little blessings.
My favorite for today and will be used:
If child is stomping around because he is mad, frustrated, angry...whatever, make him go out to the driveway and "practice" his stomping for one minute. After stomping for one minute have him stomp for another but much harder this time.
Another favorite for door slammers:
When child storms off and slams door, have them stand at the door and practice closing it nicely 100 times.
Back to my couch.

6 comments:
I will for sure use the door slamming one! That is awesome! Thanks for the advice!
My fave of hers... THAT I USE... walking in parking lots... you can hold my hand... or I will hold your hair!
Oooh, I like those! We're getting to that age, so I have to start storing these up in my brain.
I'm quite sure that I need to come and sit on your couch as well......either that or I need to send the kids to their grandma's long enough for her to remember they're not always angels and long enough for me to miss them :)
This wouldn't be you "middle" angel, would it!? :) ~S
Heather, I have taken that Bible Study TWICE at TSC. ;) Love it! My fav is collecting all the stuff my children leave lying around the house and hiding it from the. The point being: It's easier to put it up than to figure out where I hid it. It keeps me smiling. My kids think I am nuts.
Post a Comment