Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Technology at it's best!

How's this for modern technology?

I just got to chat with Shawn (who is in a third world country) via Skype, which means he got to see us and we got to see him! He was extremely dirty but that was the best lookin' dirt I've ever seen. They have no running water (so 2 days of dirt on them in a country that has not seen rain since November...); nasty. But again, macho, missionary, smell-him-through-the-internet, handsome NASTY!

He was sitting in an internet cafe (which looked like a really old closet). The kids and I talked to him for 5 minutes or so and then he was off to lunch and then back to the construction site.

Some of the strikers were arrested, so getting out to the work site today was rather uneventful. Thank you God and thank you to those of you who have been praying for resolution to that issue.

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."
Proverbs 18:10

No comments: