Monday, June 30, 2008

Forrest Gump ain't got nothin on us...

This weekend I was able to attend Deeper Still Atlanta. This is
an incredible event sponsored by Life Way and includes three of the best
Bible teachers on the planet: Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore, and Kay Arthur.

Some girls from TSC joined about 19,000 other women at the Phillip's Arena
on Friday and Saturday to hear a word from God.
And a word we did hear.

Priscilla spoke on Exodus and how God leads you to the wilderness for a purpose and to pitch a tent while you are there.

Kay Arthur spoke on about every book in the Old Testament and "BRUNG IT." I am fairly certain my Bible was smoking by the end of her time with us.

Beth Moore took one verse, John 1:4, and made it come to life. That woman makes herself so vulnerable and the Lord speaks through her with great vigor and excitement. He left me speechless.

Here are just a few pics of the weekend:
This is me clutching on to my Chinese breakfast and coffee after being
chased by homeless men in downtown Atlanta before the crack of dawn.
Big Nanny
explains the story best.
Big thanks go to Highland Park Elementary P.E. department
for teaching me to run like the wind.


My Chinese breakfast.
And surprisingly, I wasn't hungry in an hour.

Big Nanny relaxing in the floor level seats that we
we almost gave our lives for. TOTALLY worth it.

My pictures of Big Mama and Boo Mama.
I took a pic of Big Nanny with them, but then ran like a 2nd
grader back to my seat. Anyone in the blog world knows they are
celebrities and I was star struck. So, I took this picture from my seat.

Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, and Kay Arthur.
Folks, Kay Arthur is 74 years old and look at that hair!
Here they are having some fun at the end of the weekend.

More pictures to come of the Fab Five whom I had the pleasure of rooming with for the weekend.

2 comments:

Big Nanny said...

Yes, you did run like a 2nd grader back to your seat. Thanks for snapping my picture w/the mamas.

Anne Grethe said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Nothing is like the presence of God, and it is awesome to experience it together with other women through worship, sound teaching and prayer. Happy for you that you got the opportunity. Good also to get away from laundrey and kitchen and just hang out with your friends. :)