Anyway, I think it's great that people have their recycle bins and make a fun family project out of sorting trash. Y'all, I am truly thankful each week when I just manage to sort my laundry and wash it (and not let it sour in the washer at least one time). So to think that I could sort my paper, aluminum, boxes and whathaveyou...well, it's a stretch. I'm a work in progress; maybe I'll get there someday.
Recently, a couple of my friends told me about these "go green" bags from Publix. I jokingly said, "oh you're one of those." I'm sorry to SM and TJ for the heaping helping of judgement because these bags are FABULOUS. Those magicians at Publix can fit two weeks worth of groceries in 4 bags. FOUR! Do you know what that means? I can get all of my kids and groceries in the house in TWO trips, meanwhile saving the polar icecaps from falling into my back yard. And that, my friends, might be worth my voter registration card.
Now I just have to explain to the Publix people why I still want a stack of plastic bags to take home in my nature-friendly bag so I can throw away poopy disposable diapers.
So, let the ridicules begin...I'm sort of one of those girls now.
6 comments:
Seriously? I was just telling Snook this morning that those bags annoy me. What's wrong with me?! But if I now know that they actually hold a lot of groceries...
You can get at LEAST 3 plastic bags worth in one of those things... they make vacation travelers too!
Aren't they great! Now, the kicker: remembering to actually TAKE the bags INTO Publix. I kid you not that in the several months I've had them 9 times out of 10 I am jogging back to my car while the deli is cutting my meat to get the durn things.......If only "going green" not only saved the earth but that large piece of my brain that I lost during childbirth. Now, THAT would be great!
These bags are awesome. I only have two and I got them at Target. I'm amazed that they really can hold that much stuff. I was a little embarrassed when I purchased the first one because I didn't want the cashier to think I was a tree hugger! And when I carried my stuff out to the car I was afraid the people in the parking lot that saw me would think that I was a tree hugger! We are living in tough political times and I don't want anyone to think that I'm a card carryin' member of Obama's camp. But have no fear of that...because I always forget them in the car:)
I'm not much of a green girl myself either, but I did feel a little pressured to buy the bags since I work there. Since buying them however, I have realized they are handy little things to have!! And-the times you forget them, you can just use the plastic ones to keep your inventory stocked for diapers!
-Robyn
I'm just impressed with the flowers on your table gracefully highlighting the green bags. :) Love ya! ~S
emma loooves yooooou
Post a Comment