Monday, July 21, 2008

Revenge of the Nerds

Me: "Ethan can you take this toy and put it outside E.K.'s door?
Don't open her door, okay? Ethan, did you hear what I said?
Ethan, you have to be really quiet. Don't open her d..."

Ethan: "Mom! You don't have to keep saying it! You're getting on my NERDS."

*side note: Typically this tone of voice is a criminal offense in our family, but I was so fighting back laughter that I couldn't muster the discipline. And lets be honest, I was nagging the snot out of the little guy.

Me: "Thank you for doing that for me. I should have given you a chance before saying it so many times. You're a good helper."
Hey, Ethan can you take this book and put it outside E.K.'s door?

Ethan: "Sure Mom."

(I hear E.K.'s door squeaking)

Me: "ETHAN (in loud whisper)! What did I say about opening that door?"

Ethan: "Oh, I forgot."

6 comments:

Wags said...

ha ha ha... oh to be a fly on the wall in some of y'alls houses.

that story was too funny. :)

Big Nanny said...

this blog design is crazy cute!

Roger aka POP said...

I was going to comment....but I forgot my comment.

Pop

Teresa said...

If Ethan ever becomes interested in older women, I've got a little blonde he should meet. Something tells me they would hit it off.

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Oh the boys! They just start out as men don't they? Ha Ha! Like your new design!

Erin said...

So funny! And I LOVE your new design! I hope you don't mind if I copy you (I'll get a different design, of course). ;)