Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ridgecrest: Meet the Characters

Location: Ridgecrest- A Baptist Encampment
Occasion: Sunday School Leadership Weekend

Meet Big Nanny.
She is our Babies-2's preschool minister.
She is young, fun, and loves a diet Dr. Pepper at 7:30 am.
She is also the driver for a small group of us who did not ride the church bus.
More to come on Big Nanny being the driver of 8 women,
one of whom usually gets car sick, 7 of whom USUALLY do not.
Dramamine was being passed out like Ritalin in a middle school cafeteria, that's all I'm sayin.

Meet AC.
She's a relational learner. I know because she's very relational and because Life Way handouts described her little.relational.self.to.a.T.
She also enjoys a McDonald's unsweet tea w/3 lemons and 2 Splendas at 7:30 am, 8:30 am, 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm...you get the picture. The girl likes some unsweet tea.
She is my roomie for this little adventure we call Sunday school week at Ridgecrest.
She is also my partner in constant banter about absolutely nothing but with all of the seriousness of Jesus' return.
We were the entertainment and friendly ridicule for these girls:

Meet Sumerwithonem, Fellow Texan, Pharmacist Friend, WithChild, and Directordiva.
All but one of us are mothers of preschoolers who attended Ridgecrest-
without our preschoolers.
We played together, sat together, worshiped together, ate together, and laughed like there was no tomorrow together.
Did I mention we were there without our preschoolers?

This is our worship team.
They're spectacular and can sing some Jesus.
We are fortunate to get to hear them every Sunday, and they
led the conferencees in worship every night.
They, along with PT (our pastor at TSC), brung it like it has never been brung before at Ridgecrest.

Meet Inquisitive Black Bear.
We were warned that he had recently been located near our lodging.
He is a physical learner as well as a natural learner. I know because the scary bright yellow handout told me that he wanted to be physical with me and he would eat me outside in nature.
Inquisitive Black Bear was the source of prayer (Sumerwithonem), caution, and much nervous laughter.

10 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

I guess blogger is cooperating with photos again. Happens to me sometimes too. Sounds like you had a good weekend away from your THREE pre-schoolers. (I can say that for a few more weeks. :)

Okay, enough about you. I need help picking glasses! You've had enough time to unpack and kiss your family. Let's talk soon. I can't see!!!! (Do NOT mention what is happening in less than a month. My children remind me often enough.) ~S

Big Nanny said...

this was so funny!

Sumer said...

I can tell you are still wearing your funny pants...that was quite entertaining.

Shawn said...

Hot and funny....great combo
-shawn

Ashley said...

Sorry I could have warned you... I bet there was "not proper signage".

Too funny... next time count me in!

Erin said...

Thanks for providing us with constant entertainment...on the trip and now via the blogworld. Love it!

Teresa said...

As someone who has been on many road trips with Big Nanny, I regret to inform you that the #1 rule is NEVER LET HER DRIVE. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner.

Glad you girls had fun.

Melissa Lee said...

I left a comment on Sumer's. So just go read it there. It's too long to re-type.

Suffice it to say...I'm hurt. :)

I'm an outcast becuse I WORSHIP. I can't help it!!

Melissa

Wags said...

I dont know what Melissa is whining about, cause I sang right along side her and I know all about y'all's underoos now so... :)

Although I'm afraid I missed so many more laughs because I DID take my preschooler... guess I'll know better next time!

Gay Hanks said...

I am trying to leave a comment but it won't work for me. Shawn said I broke the internet.

Gay