We bit the bullet last night and for the first time visited
the Fair.
It was fun, dusty, and expensive.
The ride tickets are 1.00 a piece and each ride takes 3-4 tickets.
Are you kidding me?
So, after a nasty polish sausage, birthday cake snow cones and a funnel cake
we gave each kid tickets to ride two rides each.
the Fair.
It was fun, dusty, and expensive.
The ride tickets are 1.00 a piece and each ride takes 3-4 tickets.
Are you kidding me?
So, after a nasty polish sausage, birthday cake snow cones and a funnel cake
we gave each kid tickets to ride two rides each.
her 17 month old needed to ride with Ethan at which point he
freaked out and got out of this car and went to
the green one up ahead that wasn't "for babies."
He, by the way, does ride with that serious face and perfect posture
the.entire.ride.
to ride the ferris wheel with Mom and Ethan.
I have always loved the ferris wheel.
FYI...I hate the ferris wheel with two of my babies on it with me.
I held them both with a death grip and frequently said these things:
"Yeah, Ethan! Your spiky hair made you tall enough!"
"No, you can't stand up."
"Don't rock it! You're scaring the snot out of me!"
"I don't know why that song keeps singing 'p-p-p-push it, push it good.'"
"Wave to Daddy! Not so hard!"
The kids went through a pretend farm, harvesting vegetables,
gathering eggs, milking cows, and feeding chickens.
Then they had to sell their goods and earned a dollar to buy either
an ice cream sandwich, a bag of animal crackers, or a milk.
Does anyone choose the milk? Really?
6 comments:
Here in NC you can buy your tickets early online and get them for half price. If you go next year, check to see if TN does it. Still not a cheap night out but certainly better than full price. The catch is you have to buy them here before the first day of the fair.
Glad you had a good time! We love the "store" too. And yeh, the ice cream is definitely the first choice of our four.
Wish we'd had a video cam on you on the ferris wheel. May have made us $$ on AFV! :)
~S
two things:
1) Yes, some kids choose the milk. In fact, ETHAN chose the milk, and I talked him into ice cream.
2) don't be an iphone hater...
-shaddy (shawn + daddy)
It must have been a big day for Salt-n-Peppa's Push It because Bobby and I went to a very fru fru eatery with lots of girly pastries etc. for lunch and that was the background music. I'm sure all the 70 year old women eating there just loved it. We were cracking up.
You are one brave Mama to take your kids on the ferris wheel. The mere thought of being that high period makes me want to puke.
You are a braver soul than I am. I loved ferris wheels when I was young and not very smart. I couldn't have handled being on a ferris wheel with two small children. I always had a fear of my shoes falling off my feet. HA!! Even when I was young I couldn't stand someone to rock the seat. Glad you all got down ok. Speaking of expense, when I was young my Daddy worked for the police and the city would get tickets to give away to workers. Yes, that meant I got as many tickets as I wanted to ride FREE!!
We went to the fair three times, visited the farm three times, and my crazy kid actually chose milk three times!!! I laughed when I read this!
Post a Comment