Saturday, August 16, 2008

Giftedness

Mia was busy with her self-assigned leaf collection project this morning. She's a crafter like no body's business and I have no idea where she gets it...not me.

Mia: Mama did you ever make a leaf collection?
Me: Yes in the 7th grade and a bug collection.
Mia: I could do that. I know how to get a ladybug to crawl on my finger without flying off.
Me: That's true, you can.

Mia: It's a gift.

2 comments:

Gay Hanks said...

I remember the bug collection in the 10th grade. It was all in the fall after all the bugs were gone. I remember trying to catch a red wasp for one of the kids and I think it was Sabrina. Tony enjoyed his bug collection the best because it was assigned with his homeschooling and during the season when we could find neat bugs.

Love,
Grammy

Tonya Lee said...

When Jackson was little and we lived in the country ladybugs migrated to our house to die apparently. He ate them constantly. Ask Mia if that's a gift? heehee!