Friday, September 19, 2008

LYLAS, Big Nanny!

This is my friend Big Nanny.
We both love a bob w/a high stack.
We both like a cup of coffee while talking to Jesus in the morning.
We like to cut-up and laugh with each other.
AND...
We are often mistaken for one another.
Often is becoming all.the.time.
Even my child has mistaken her for me.
I was once almost kicked out of Tonya's circle of friends because someone told her I was lollygagging around Kroger when I was supposed to be at the ballet recital helping her chaparone. I was there all along...it was Big Nanny doing the lollygagging around Kroger.

Just an hour ago, I had a 10 minute conversation with someone at our church about empty boxes. I kept wondering why this person was being so kind to offer me big empty boxes to move my stuff. After the person walked off I realized, "she thought she was talking to Angela."
(FYI Angela, there are two great big boxes for you in the kitchen underneath a table.)

Here are some reasons why Big Nanny is not me:
1. She's administrative. I mean, like she may be the most qualified person e-ver to hold any job.
a. I'm without a doubt the most un-administrative person you will ever meet.

2. She's organized and loves a labeler.
a. I'm only a smidgen organized and broke my labeler.

3. She bakes cakes and leaves the butter in the microwave until the next day.
a. Look closely at my waistline and you'll see I never forget the butter.

4. She likes hotdogs from dirty places. The dirtier the better.
a. I like organic Hebrew kosher fat-free hotdogs from my kitchen with fru-fru toppings.

5. She is married to Lawnmower Man.
a. I am married to Smarty Pants.

6. Lawnmower Man cooks her dinner.
a. Smarty Pants wouldn't dare.

Big Nanny, I'm completely flattered and honored to be mistaken for you. Just let me know if you start hanging around the shady parts of town with shady characters listening to wild cat music. I'll need to change my hair cut and color.

4 comments:

Erin said...

That's too funny...I never would've guessed! But with the cute stacked hair, I can see it now. :) Apparently my TSC twin is Annie Glenn because random people have asked me where Branden is and how Tristen is doing!

CEU said...

That is funny. You could even pull off the Spice Girl sassy hair HH. You may need the Hair Whisper's phone number.

I don't know Annie Glenn, but we should play who's yOUR TSC twin?

Sonja said...

I totally have a TSC twin or so I've been told. I get mistaken for A'lyce Ashman ALL.THE.TIME....at church, the gym, the elementary school. She would say the same also. I'm just glad she's not disgusting. :) (she may not feel the same way).

Shawn said...

Please excuse me for somehow deleting or losing Big Nanny's hilarious and witty comment to this blog.