You know what happens when you are mad as fire at your mommy and you tell her you don't even want a mommy?
You spend your.entire.day.without.a.mommy.
After spending 20 minutes in the van screaming because HE doesn't know how to undo the buckles, I did go unbuckle him. But not without letting him know that was the only thing he was getting from me today.
So, right now he's eating frozen un*crustables that took him 30 minutes to figure how to open.
I loved when he said, "why won't anyone help me? I'm only 3, I don't know how to do stuff by myself!" His sister sweetly replied, "that's what it's like when you don't have a mommy."
This should be an interesting day. I'm planning to do manicures with the big girl in a bit since I'm only the mom of two today.
More updates to follow...I guarantee it.
update*
At 5:30 pm, after repeated times of telling me he, in fact, does need a mommy, E
gave me a list of reasons that he does need a mommy. He apologized and said that he will
NEVER say that again. He then added that he does not need me for uncrustables because he knows how to eat them frozen and likes them that way.
When we got to the restaurant for dinner tonight, Shawn was starting to unbuckle E when he said, "I really want Mom to do it, I need her for my buckles." Shawn told him too bad, he was doing it, but I think that was E's way of saying that he needs me.
You spend your.entire.day.without.a.mommy.
After spending 20 minutes in the van screaming because HE doesn't know how to undo the buckles, I did go unbuckle him. But not without letting him know that was the only thing he was getting from me today.
So, right now he's eating frozen un*crustables that took him 30 minutes to figure how to open.
I loved when he said, "why won't anyone help me? I'm only 3, I don't know how to do stuff by myself!" His sister sweetly replied, "that's what it's like when you don't have a mommy."
This should be an interesting day. I'm planning to do manicures with the big girl in a bit since I'm only the mom of two today.
More updates to follow...I guarantee it.
update*
At 5:30 pm, after repeated times of telling me he, in fact, does need a mommy, E
gave me a list of reasons that he does need a mommy. He apologized and said that he will
NEVER say that again. He then added that he does not need me for uncrustables because he knows how to eat them frozen and likes them that way.
When we got to the restaurant for dinner tonight, Shawn was starting to unbuckle E when he said, "I really want Mom to do it, I need her for my buckles." Shawn told him too bad, he was doing it, but I think that was E's way of saying that he needs me.
10 comments:
Oh, this is SOOOOOO good! I should have thought of that. I will for sure have to use this one probably on my 7 year old though.
You bring it, girl...
-daddy
Hey, do you think you could babysit the twins today? I would never ask a mom of 3, but 2- why not?
Rock on, mom of "two"
Hmm, maybe I should cancel that order from Toys'r'us that I just made for somebody's birthday next week. Surely my sweet little nephew would never be so bad!
Sounds like your brother Heather.
Scary eh?
May the force be with you.
Love
Pop
I got your back if they come...LOVE IT!
Whew...good thing the "terrible threes" are coming to an end! :) I love you, Ethan!! ~Aunt S
P.S. Remind Mommy that you NEED her to remember the gift we sent you for your birthday so you can have it at your party.
Way to go!!! I am so proud of you. You stuck to your guns. I know how hard that is. There were lots of times I considered going on strike and being the mommy of none instead of four. Good for you.
Love, Mom
I may have to steal this idea one day. Creative thinking!
Post a Comment