Monday, December 8, 2008

Room Around the Manger

Last night Mia and Ethan performed in our church preschool choir program.
They were both Bible times people. My preggo brain could not remember where I put the matching rope that went around Mia's waist, so she ended up with this pink scarf.
Guess what, the belt...it's in my left coat pocket. Yea! I found it right after the program. Typical.

This is Ethan in the center with a navy head wrap.
Choir is not Ethan's favorite thing in the world, so we had many talks about standing nicely up on stage and singing to Jesus respectfully. Luckily, the child in front of him thought it was funny to perform the "sprinkler" dance move for about the first half of the show. Any shenanigans Ethan was thinking about were overshadowed by the groove boy.
You can see a little bit of Ethan here next to his best buddy, Jesse.
They are very sweet friends and I was proud of them last night for doing their best.
Here's my sweet nervous Mia singing in her trio. We had really been talking about singing strong into the mic. Bless her heart, she looked at that mic and nothing else the whole time. I did hear her sweet voice though!
Quotes from Ethan and Mia about the performance:
Shawn: What did you guys think about singing tonight?
Mia: I thought it was fun!
Ethan: I thought it was fun and loud and hot.

Shawn: What was your favorite part?
Mia: Getting to sing with Morgan and Molly.
Ethan: When it was over and we got to eat cake and cookies.


4 comments:

Sumer said...

I just laughed until I cried at this post because I saw the groove boy working his magic, I just did not know that was called the sprinkler!

Jessica said...

I missed the sprinkler from where we were sitting! But, I will say the Hanks children performed beautifully! Presley was so proud of Mia!!

Anonymous said...

Ethan and Jesse came through...a small Christmas miracle. They just stood and sang so nicely. Aahh. Mia, you did a great job!

Love,
Tracey

P.S. Jesse knows he made it big time on "Ethan's blog". ;)

Kyla said...

Hate that we missed it :( They both look awesome. I am sure mia did beautifully. (as did the sprinklerer)