Our class at church is beginning The Five Love Languages study this week.
To start the week off right, I thought I'd perform a little act of service for my man.
I made his lunch complete with a fancy sandwich, his favorite yogurt flavor, some roasted peanuts and of course...a love note.
I sent him out the door with a to-go cup of his favorite Dunkin Donuts coffee.
Shawn calls around 1:00 crunching on his lunch. This is how our conversation went:
Me: Hey Babe, how's your day goin?
Shawn: Pretty good. Thanks for the yummy lunch. What are these orange crunchy things you put in here?
Me: Huh? Are you messing with me, because I've had a rough morning and don't need to be messed with.
(at this point the conversation chased the reason why my morning was not so fantastic)
Shawn: Seriously, why did you put carrots in my lunch?
Me: I didn't put carrots in your lunch.
Shawn; Yes you did.
Me: No, I really didn't. Do you have peanuts in your lunch?
Shawn: Nope.
Me: Yogurt?
Shawn: Nope.
Me: A love note that may or may not be appropriate for another to find in their lunch today?
Shawn: Nope.
Me: You are eating someone else's lunch! ( I may have called my beloved a "moron" at this point in time.)
Shawn: Oh my gosh. I have to go. Bye.
Sorry to Erica who had packed a deliciously healthy lunch of carrot sticks, a sandwich with meat (as Shawn described it) and a snack pack of chocolate pudding.
I told the kids what their silly daddy did and Ethan immediately said, "His name was on the bag!"
It was.
To start the week off right, I thought I'd perform a little act of service for my man.
I made his lunch complete with a fancy sandwich, his favorite yogurt flavor, some roasted peanuts and of course...a love note.
I sent him out the door with a to-go cup of his favorite Dunkin Donuts coffee.
Shawn calls around 1:00 crunching on his lunch. This is how our conversation went:
Me: Hey Babe, how's your day goin?
Shawn: Pretty good. Thanks for the yummy lunch. What are these orange crunchy things you put in here?
Me: Huh? Are you messing with me, because I've had a rough morning and don't need to be messed with.
(at this point the conversation chased the reason why my morning was not so fantastic)
Shawn: Seriously, why did you put carrots in my lunch?
Me: I didn't put carrots in your lunch.
Shawn; Yes you did.
Me: No, I really didn't. Do you have peanuts in your lunch?
Shawn: Nope.
Me: Yogurt?
Shawn: Nope.
Me: A love note that may or may not be appropriate for another to find in their lunch today?
Shawn: Nope.
Me: You are eating someone else's lunch! ( I may have called my beloved a "moron" at this point in time.)
Shawn: Oh my gosh. I have to go. Bye.
Sorry to Erica who had packed a deliciously healthy lunch of carrot sticks, a sandwich with meat (as Shawn described it) and a snack pack of chocolate pudding.
I told the kids what their silly daddy did and Ethan immediately said, "His name was on the bag!"
It was.
15 comments:
So was Erica moved by the note?
Fortunately for Erica (and me), she decided to forgo her lovely homemade lunch and walk over to Swanky Taco. Thank you Jesus that she did not read that note!
Great commentary! I loved it...totally made me giggle for like 5 minutes.
Swanky Taco eh.
Is that what yall call a Taco Bell in Tenn?
Out of the mouths of babes.
Love, Mom
Ok - I almost fell out of my chair laughing! That is too perfect. Can you imagine the next work function you woul attend with Erica there - awkward. Thank God for small favors and saving grace of not being humiliated - however it would have been fun to see how Shawn would have talked his way out of that one!
HIL-LAR-I-OUS!!!!!
LOL that is too funny!
oh my! that is hysterical.
That was a great laugh!
Matt and I have had a lot of fun laughing about this one!
Hopefully Shawn enjoyed his gourmet sandwich (and note) the next day...and paid for Erica's Swanky Taco!
I'm crying! From laughing! It's a good thing he questioned why you were making him eat so healthy!
I would love to know what the note said!
Very funny!!!
LOL! It was so funny! The note that you put on the outside of Shawn's lunch the next day was great!
Post a Comment