Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

We have had a wonderful Easter so far.
Thanks to the bunny coming yesterday, we had plenty of time to enjoy
our banana blueberry muffins and still be at church by 7:40 this morning.

I always love Easter Sunday as a kindergarten teacher. Those kids love to hear a great Bible truth, and today's is one of the best to get to tell. We made resurrection croissants, crafted some pretty nifty tombs with roll-away stone, and built a tomb with real stones in front of it. The best part of the lesson was hearing from the kids the best thing about Easter. I'm so blessed to serve a God who thought enough of me to die on a cross for my sins. I'm as excited as the kindergarten kids that He did not stay in that cold dark tomb...He ROSE!!

Happy Easter to all of you, especially our family that we miss so much. We ate lots of deviled eggs at lunch which made us think of you more. (not because our family is especially devilish, but because we never miss having deviled eggs on Easter day...ha ha)


Here are some sweet pictures of the kids from before and after church.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah sweet EK! She reminds me so much of me...stick a wad of bubble gum in her mouth and a tweety bird in her lap and she's my mini-me!

Anonymous said...

I just love Easter pictures. They have always been my favorites.
Love, Gran

Anonymous said...

What beautiful kids !! NO, I am sure I am not prejudiced !! Da, Gran and Pop always agree with me..
We also had deviled eggs..surprise, surprise !! Love and miss you, Grandmama and Da

Anne Grethe said...

Lovely pics - lovely kids! :)