Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ava: 2 Weeks old yesterday and random pictures


Yesterday Miss Ava turned two weeks old. She was back up past her birth weight which is always a huge sigh of relief for me. Jaundice is all completely gone and she seems to be gaining about 2 oz per day (she's trying her hardest to catch up to those big ol siblings!).
She is a complete dream boat of a baby. She does at least a 5 to 6 hour stretch every night which makes days SO much more doable for me.

I dropped Mom and Dad off at the airport this morning for a very emotional good-bye.
Well, it was emotional for me at least, and Mia.
We both cried most of the way home.
I could not have done it these past two weeks without Mom, not to mention that she had just been here two weeks before taking care of us while Shawn was in Nicaragua.
Look at Ava holding that little head up like she's a big ol girl.

Dad showered us all with a plethora of gifts. My kids think it's Christmas every day when Pop is around. These were Ava's cupcake onesies and organic cotton layette made into flowers that arrived right before Pop got here on Monday. Isn't that the cutest thing e-ver?


Shawn is in Indianapolis for the day, so I'm truly going solo now. I managed to get us home from the airport, feed the baby, put her down for a nap and get the big kids fed. I ate too, for the first time today!! I'm going to tackle some dishes and laundry here in a second and that will be about the extent of my duties for the day. Well, unless you count the glitter that EK spilled all over the bathroom or the peanut butter that she painted all over the table...

Here's a little shot of the biggest sister holding her baby sis.
Check out the flippers for feet our sweet baby has!!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

So precious!

AND I always cry when mom leaves post baby...and she is only an hour away.

Erin said...

Wow - I'm impressed that among the million things you have going on that you managed a blog post, too. You're such a pro. I need to take notes. And Ava is precious...such a sweet little Hanks face.

Baby clothes made into cupcakes and flowers? Now that is adorable.

Enjoying Life Together said...

Thanks for the photos! Good chatting with you today.

Jessica said...

She is beautiful. I love how newborns curl up just like they did in the womb. And those little goodies are too cute...my crafty wheels are spinning now!

Pamela Johnson said...

proud of you heather! you are rocking! call me if you need anything!

Sonja said...

Little Ava definitely looks like a Hanks baby and I haven't even seen her in real life yet! I can't believe your DAD found those cute patootie little onesie cupcakes. How precious!

Enjoyed the pics.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that Ava is PRECIOUS! I just want to snatch her up and keep her! And Mia is getting more beautiful every day. She's getting so grown up! Sorry to take your helpers away! Thank goodness for Gran and Pop coming home to take care of me. Brian couldn't get the whole day off of work for surgery.

Kyla said...

Thanks for the blog! Love to know how you are doing....and see that beautiful baby girl!