Friday, June 19, 2009

Two Feet and Four Weeks

Just practicing with our new Canon and loved that Ava's feet
are actually filling out a bit now. Don't ya just want to kiss 'em?

Sweet girl poses.
I think we get the most compliments on her strawberry blond hair.
It is very pretty, if I do say so.
Well, it's been a rough week four. Ava is still sleeping great but nursing has been hard. We woke up Sunday morning and Ava could not figure out how to latch after almost 2 solid weeks of great nursing. So, after a day of a lot of crying (on my part) I scheduled an appointment with the lactation consultant for Monday afternoon. The verdict was that we may be dealing with some thrush and a tongue thrust issue.

We are doing much better now, but still working really hard. No more tears since Monday, so that's GREAT (especially for Shawn who thought his wife was going to have to be admitted to the loony bin).

Ava is growing and gaining weight well, which is a huge blessing considering the feeding issues. As my mom says, that milk looks like buttermilk.

Ava is awake a lot more and is now able to be put in the bed awake and get herself to sleep with little fussing. She's sleeping some good stretches most nights and here's the biggie....we're about to graduate out of newborn diapers!!! Size 1 here we come! It still cracks me up how little she is, and how even at 4 weeks old she is still not close to being as big as one of our other babies on their birth date.



12 comments:

Ashley said...

So precious... she does have her own beautiful look.

Big Nanny said...

Of course I want to kiss that baby's feet!

Kyla said...

2 feet and 4 weeks...you need to write catchy titles for a living! She is beautiful. I am so sorry that you have had such a hard time!!! Chloe gets back Monday night. Can Mia and Ella Kate come over? Would Ethan want to come?

Tonya Lee said...

She looks so much like Ethan now! Oh, I am jealous of little feet!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you. You have made my day. I'm sorry you've had such a hard time. Just hang in there. Kiss those precious feet for me. I love you. Mom

Erin said...

Sweet, sweet pictures. That 2nd one looks so much like Ethan to me! Her pretty little face is filling out.
Did you get a Canon SLR? We love ours!

Anonymous said...

Our precious Ava got Grandmama's pinchy toes...Sorry bout that !! She is really a beautiful baby, but we expected nothing less..Her great,great grandpa would be thrilled she got the red hair..

Anne Grethe said...

So cute, so sweet! Hope nursing goes better soon!

Anne Grethe said...

Great quality on you pics btw, bet you are happy with your new camera! :)

Anonymous said...

Nursing is the pits sometimes! That sure is a pretty girl though! Her skin is like cream. Kiss all the troops for me! Miss you bunches xoxoxoxo

John Baker said...

Wish we could be there to smooch her in person. She is absolutely beautiful! Missing you lots! Ambone

Sonja said...

Love me some baby feet.

The lactation consultant was my best friend when I was nursing Grant. If she hadn't been a woman I'd of kissed her right on the mouth....