This was a "random child" who Shawn took a picture with his first day in the dump in Ethiopia.
Random...uhhh right.
There is no random with God.
You see, our friend Erin is the sponsorship coordinator for the kids who live in the dump.
When we told Erin that we wanted to sponsor a child to send them to boarding school, she gave us the next available child.
A 9 year old girl who goes by the name Masresha Amaru is now our Ethiopian princess.
We have the privilege of sending her to school where she will have a roof over her head, clothes to wear, food to eat, and an education that gives her opportunity galore.
When Shawn got home and told me the name of our sponsored child, I asked to see a picture. He said he didn't get any with her. Too bad.
Erin was looking through the photos she took and said, "Shawn you have a picture with Masresha. That's the little girl you took a picture with in the dump."
Random? Coincidence?
Nope...God.
"He lifts the poor from the dust and the needy from the garbage dump. He sets them among princes, placing them in seats of honor. For all the earth is the Lord's and he has set the world in order." 1 Samuel 2:8
Masresha Amaru
Age 9
Father: Deceased
Mother: HIV positive
Home: Trash dump
Future: HOPEFUL
If you are interested in sponsoring a child from the trash dump in Korah, Ethiopia
join us at
Thompson Station Church
TUESDAY, April 27
7:00 pm
*If you don't live around these here parts, shoot me an email. I've got connections ;)
Age 9
Father: Deceased
Mother: HIV positive
Home: Trash dump
Future: HOPEFUL
If you are interested in sponsoring a child from the trash dump in Korah, Ethiopia
join us at
Thompson Station Church
TUESDAY, April 27
7:00 pm
*If you don't live around these here parts, shoot me an email. I've got connections ;)
3 comments:
Clearly we were thinking the same today! I'm gonna get me a pic with Hiwot when we're over there!!
That was a good post, my friend! And our God never ceases to amaze!
The workings of God are awesome!
I told Robyn, and I'll tell you too. I hope I get to be the one to take your picture with Masresha. How many people actually get to meet and spend time with a child that they sponsor? It will be so special.
Post a Comment