Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mummies, Volcanoes and Rock Star fingers

Ethan's class has been studying Ancient Egypt and ended the study with an Egyptian Feast and wrapping one of their classmates into a mummified Pharoah.  Apparently, two of the boys in Ethan's class think this activity merits "rock star fingers." 

In science they just finished up a unit on rocks, minerals and volcanoes.  Yep, volcanoes ranks right up there with mummies because it once again gets "rock star fingers."  I don't know where the "rock star fingers" come from.  Shawn and I do not make this gesture, nor am I sure what it means.  I actually think he may be performing the action wrong and making the American Sign Language sign for "I love you."  I could be wrong.  It's funny nonetheless.

***Edited later...Breaking news, Shawn says Ethan actually knows it means "I love you."  That's very sweet but I'm not sure why the little boy in the back is doing it with a rock star face.  Maybe he's a rock star.***

Here's the before picture of the volcano.  Super fun activity!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Rock on, Ethan! Cool activities and cool smiles!