Saturday, December 1, 2007

Stone Soup


So today I was blessed to volunteer at Stone Soup. I heard about this organization from our church bulletin last Sunday, and then realized that I am in Bible study with the Coordinator for Stone Soup Thompson Station Church. For those of you that don't know, our church is a test site to start the South Nashville branch.

Did you know that there are more families with children who have special abilities in the Thompson's Station/Spring Hill area than in all of Metro Nashville? Well it's true and lots of those families attend TSC. We are going to start having Stone Soup Fridays beginning in February (we think the 1st Friday of every month). This is a chance for parents to drop off their kiddos with special needs and go shopping, eat dinner with their spouse, or relax.

So, if you are interested in volunteering (you or your whole family!) then keep an eye open for Stone Soup news in our church bulletin and from your connect group leaders. I think it would be awesome if the connect groups volunteered as classes to take a Friday night to be completely blessed and blown away at the opportunity to play, sing, and make crafts with these often ignored and sometimes shunned children who are made in the image of God.

Check out the Stone Soup website to get more info. www.stonesoupnews.com

3 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Welcome to blog-land! :) I love you! ~Sabrina P.S. As for my brother's Christmas gift, give him a family trip to visit us in NC!! Okay, maybe not, but I thought I'd try. I want to see my nieces and nephew. Oh, you and Shawn too.

Kyla said...

This is adorable...love the pink. I look farward to reading about your day since we can't talk every 15 minutes like we once did ...sniff sniff! P.S. LOVE the girls' dresses

Shawn said...

Go, Heather, Go....you are a blogger....