Saturday, February 2, 2008

She's so nice she's nasty...

I heard that phrase to describe me since I can remember. I'll be honest and say that I have earned that name (Miss Nasty Nice) with high honors, and I wear my title with pride. Trust me when I say I can spot a dirty fork at 40 paces, a greasy plate at 50 and don't even get me started with a Waffle House. I have to add that this was completely and utterly given to me by my parents, who both claim to not be nasty nice....but they are, they really are. My dad barfs at the sight of chewed gum on a plate and I hear tales of my mom refusing to potty for days because she had to go in an out house. Ahem...

Anywho, Thursday I took the kids to Angel's Cafe (which we really like and kids eat for .99). Mia always gets mashed potatoes with a veggie. While eating her mashed potatoes she said, "Momma, how do we know if they washed their potatoes?"

My heart skipped a beat. "What, Baby?"

"How do we know if they washed their potatoes before they mashed them? You know, Wendy's doesn't do a very good job of washing their baked potatoes, so I was just wondering."

"That's a great question, Mia. The great thing about mashed potatoes is that you have to peel them. So, even if they didn't wash them very well, the skin was taken off."

I've never been more proud. Miss Nasty Nice II in training.

P.S. Check underneath your baked potato from Wendy's. There will be dirt. You will have to take the potato out and fix it in a separate bowl.

No comments: