Wednesday, April 9, 2008

LYLAS!!


What would make a person decorate their dining room like this? A super-fun Gourmet School Cafeteria party, that's what! I wish you could see all the 80's sayings doodled all over the table. I would post the pictures of the ginormous spread of food, but the girls will be mortified to have their faces stuffed with food all over the blog world.

The idea is for everyone to bring a "school cafeteria food" but with a gourmet spin on it. So, we had mini-salisbury steaks, cream cheese mashed potatoes, fancy mac & cheese, 5 cheese rectangle pizzas, loaded french fries, mocha punch (for chocolate milk), gourmet banana pudding and a ton more. Such a fun theme and everyone had to wear their old school colors as well as bring their high school year book.
The 80's music playing in the background was enough to make you do the typewriter followed by the Thriller ghoul dance followed by that New Kids on the Block "Right Stuff" dance.
We also played a "guess who I was in high school" game. You will never guess who failed jr. english and who came out of the bathroom with a particular sanitary item stuck to their knee (in front of their senior class).
Anyway, it was a fun night and I recommend this theme for anyone wanting a laugh-out-loud, cost effective, make-yourself-feel-sick-from-too-much-food party.

No comments: