Monday, July 7, 2008

A Pickle for a Nickel!

The last time I can recall something costing .05 was at Highland Park Elementary in 1982. 
  
Ms. West used to call out in the cafeteria, "Come get your pickle for a nickel!" 

I would undoubtedly open my off-brand Kaepas (I think they were Kangaroos) and would dig fiercely for my nickel.  Eventually, I would ask Mrs. Gregorcyk to dig the nickel out.

Those were some mighty good pickles.  So sour and juicy... the '80s, those were the days.

How does this picture relate, you ask?  Wal-Mart has these notebooks for a NICKEL right now!  Shawn and I could hardly believe our eyes.  I use these for my prayer journal and was in need of a new one or seven.  
They're .05!  People were gathering around the bin with the huge .05 sign on top looking at each other with disbelief.  

It almost made me want to start shopping there again... almost.

1 comment:

Big Nanny said...

Oh, there is nothing like a brand new notebook. A clean page, a fresh start. But it's just not worth going to Walmart!