Thursday, July 24, 2008

Random Meme

Big Nanny has a meme up and I've done that one before, so I thought I would just share random thoughts about our family.

1. EK learned to crawl out of her crib this week. I have never had a child do this before. She is 17 months old. Lord Jesus help me.

2. Mia is at dance camp this week with "big girls" as she calls them. I'm afraid she's learning to shake things I don't want her shaking. She also came home and sang "hit me baby one more time." I then had to go into a 20 minute dissertation on why the girl that sings that isn't very lady-like.

3. I get on Ethan's nerds.

4. Shawn's toes are as long as my fingers. I have long fingers.

5. I am making Peachy Pork Picante tonight with black beans and saffron rice. Shawn's room mate in college came up with that recipe (Chriskabob) and it's actually very tasty. (Ours is actually going to be apricot pork picante...ah well, so much for the alliteration.)

6. Mia starts kindergarten on September 2. I'm homeschooling 3 days a week and she's going to NSCA two days a week. That decision took a lot of prayer and plugging my ears until God yelled at me one day. (yes, sometimes He has to yell at me...probably uses much more tactful parenting skills with you, but I'm dense sometimes. Ask my mom.)

7. I love to run, but I never do. Shawn hates to run but does it three times a week.

8. My bridesmaids wore royple dresses. Yes, I said royple. It was a cross between royal blue and purple.

9. When I exited the church after our wedding an entire baseball game stopped across the street and clapped for me.

10. If you ever want to booby trap someones car at their wedding, fill their air conditioning unit with an entire jar of glitter. Then create the hottest stickiest SE Texas night in the history of man. Then point the bride's vents right on her. When the car starts she will inhale a half a jar of glitter and it will stick to her for about a year. Glitter will still be in the car 5 years later when the car is sold.

11. I have two sisters that I never get to talk to or see. When we do see each other we pick right up where we left off (the year before). Love ya Ambone and Riss. (Amber and Clarissa)

12. I also have a little brother who is 25. My sisters and I used to call him Dookie and he let us. We really didn't mean it ugly, just a term of endearment. His name is Glenn.

13. My friend KC has known me for about 6 years. She thinks my last name is Hank. It's not, but I still like her a lot.

14. Ethan got the Super Star: Great Helper Award in Sunday School two weeks ago. Do you EVEN understand what kind of achievement that is? He got to stay up late and eat a Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla bar with me.

13. Blue Bell has new ice cream bars out. I did myself a favor and ate pretty much an entire box by myself. I figured the quicker I got rid of them the less calories I'd consume. (did I mention I'm not really a statistics/numbers girl?)

You must try the Chocolate Covered Cherry ones. You can print out a 1.00 off coupon here. If you do not eat Blue Bell ice cream, shame on you and WHY? Are you unaware of it's heady goodness? You have to know that none of the other brands even begin to match the creamy loveliness that is known as "the best ice cream in the country."
Sing with me M and E. (now pushing soap box back in corner)

Thanks for bearing with me. It's been a slow week in blog world for me. Hopefully I'll get some video of EK shimmying out of her bed or Mia dancing to inappropriate songs at dance camp later on in the weekend.

6 comments:

John Baker said...

Heather,

BlueBell has a new flavor out called "Blackberry Cobbler" I have not tried it, but it looks delicious!!!!

Miss you guys!!!!!

John

Erin said...

Ahhh, Blue Bell...It was a joyous day indeed when "the best ice cream in the country" came to Spring Hill. Do you remember those "moo-mooooooo" singing cows commercials?
I loved this blog. I love random facts...especially about long toes - that was the best.

Melissa Lee said...

Heather,

Do you remember calling my house the very first time you saw the Blue Bell commercial come on Tennessee T.V.? I remember that. I knew that day we would be freinds forever.

Big, fat, friends forever.

Melissa

Alicia (dna) said...

Heather,
You might as well get rid of the crib. I know that is sad, but once they figure out how to climb out there's no keeping them in...unless you try the tent thing. Matthew could climb out in less than 5 seconds at a young age...just a sign of things to come.

Great post! Loved it!

Enjoying Life Together said...

Okay, although I could comment on several of these I'll keep it short. The whole Blue Bell thing just makes me cry! I do miss my Blue Bell. Have a box for me next time. :)

I was just laying (lying? I get those confused) in bed earlier this week trying to remember what color my dress was in your wedding. Funny you should answer that.

And as for that terrible act of glitter explosion on a beautiful bride, I hope by now you've caught the person who perpetrated such a heinous deed. (Just don't hurt him. My children need their daddy!)

Oh, the memories! Love you! ~S

CEU said...

The glitter.....that cracks me up and at the same time is not funny.