Thursday, August 21, 2008

I know What You Did This Summer

This post is dedicated to all you friends out there
who have children in my 8:00 am Kindergarten Sunday school class.
You know who you are!

Remember three Sundays ago when your child came home
with a ziploc bag in his/her backpack?

Well, that bag had 5 pinto beans in it (because they are five...I'm creative like that).
Those beans were ever so carefully doused with water by your 5 year old.
Then they were told to go home and wait a couple of days to see what happened.

All of this to illustrate the point that Samuel grew because God cared for him,
just like plants grow because God cares for them.

Here's what your bean plant WOULD look like now (3 weeks later):
Meet "Beanie."

Hmmm, where's your bean plant?
File 13?
In a "better" place?
In bean heaven?
Still in the back pack? (Lord help you)

In your defense, I probably have thrown away some fantastical
Sunday school science projects too.
I'm really just shocked that this one worked!


3 comments:

Tonya Lee said...

We read the Bible how Samuel grew because God cared for him so we decided to look at the other angle. We used ours to demonstrate what would have happened if God hadn't cared for Samuel, say left him in the car for a week? Now that's creative! Actually, car Samuel sprouted too and being the great parent that I am used that as a lesson about no matter how abandoned you feel God can make even the most neglected blossom. I'm going to stop now because Angela is reading this and will either admire my ability to create a lesson out of any situation and recruit me to teach or chastise me for not exactly being trughful!

Shawn said...

OMGoodness, you are so funny, Tonya!!
By the way, for all of you who have kiddos in my class....I'm LOVING teaching them. They are all precious and hilarious and I can't wait until they start spilling the beans about things they shouldn't speak in public about. hee hee

~Heather

Kyla said...

Okay, our beans were trashed....I was trying to make something funny, but I am not as creative as Tonya. I am so happy that you are teaching Chloe. You are amazing.