Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Highlights 2008

We made it back last night from TX after a long but enjoyable drive.
Shawn was father of the year and drove the entire way since I was doped up on Dramamine.
Anyway, these are our Christmas highlights (but only some because I did not have my camera on me at all times).

Christmas Eve at my grandmother's house.
Always so fun and tons of great food including my grandmother's
famous gumbo and homemade rolls.

Christmas with Shawn's mom (Grammy) and ALL of the cousins.
From the left: Mia, Hannah, Corinne, Grammy, Ella Kate, Emma, Brock, Ethan, Amilie
Olivia and Zachary did not make that photo so here they are below.
Aunt Heather and Uncle Shawn got all the cousins stylish
scarves and hats from our good friends at Mom and Me Boutique.
Thanks Pamela and Teresa!!

Brock and Ethan pretending to drive a train while waiting for
presents to be unwrapped. Ethan loves Brock like crazy and they were both excited
to get to wrestle and play with another boy. Seriously, they wrestled pretty much for an
entire week.
The sweet twins, Emma and Corinne. They are my
favorite hairstylists in training and provided me with several new "do's."
Mia and Hannah
They designed about 100 new dresses on paper
and wore out about 2 boxes of crayons.
Our Norwegian princess, Amilie was able to
make her grand appearance at our Texas Christmas
this year. I could have packed her tiny
self in my suitcase and brought her home with me in a
New York minute. She's precious.
Ella Kate with one of two new pairs of princess shoes.
AND...
Here's the other pair. E.K. went to bed with the new Snow White
shoes beside her, but at some point put them on and covered back up.
I found her like this before I went to bed.
Sister loves her some shoes!

On to Gran and Pop's house for Christmas morning.
Santa arrived and everyone had a great time.
Here is our sweet-as-pie niece, Camryn.
She and Ella Kate had a ball playing with Pop and Gilbert, the cat.
E.K. with one of her presents from Aunt Clarissa and Uncle Brian.
Even preggers needed some coffee on Christmas morning.
Mia got the one present she asked for:
a stuffed Penguin. And yes, she's eating
peppermint star peeps. Gross.
And yes, she's wearing shorts on Christmas morning because it
was almost 80 degrees that day. Again, gross.
Ethan and his "big bowling set."
And it is BIG.
One of Gran's traditions: making pecan pies with our kiddos.

Ella Kate feeding Gran and Pop scrambled eggs.

Resting with Camryn on Gran and Pop's bed.
Fun times.
And of course, the chile con queso.
Our kids loved it, and ate their first real cheese enchiladas.
Carmela's we love you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandmama and Da's house on Christmas eve was also lots of fun...and lots of good food..Miss you already..Gram

Erin said...

OH, YELLOW queso!!! If only that could have been our salty snack tonight!

Enjoying Life Together said...

EK's shoe story reminds me of when we were in Cross Plains. You brought H a new pair of sandals. She had cried every night going to sleep. When you gave her those sandals, she slept with them every night while we were in CP WITHOUT CRYING! :) She was about the same age as EK is now.

Anonymous said...

We will miss you! Maybe we can come to TN this summer and meet the new Hanks baby.

Sonja said...

So, I loved perusing your pics but I'll have to admit...the thought at the forefront of my mind was "Eww. That's alot of hands on that pecan pie crust". Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the tradition. I just seriously have a problem that could use some intervention by a professional. Isn't the first step admitting it??

Pamela Johnson said...

Thanks for the shout out. Everyone looked adorable. Glad you had fun and made it back safe.

Roger aka POP said...

I must say this Christmas was one of the best ever.

Almost as good as the one when Santa brought me a "Secret Sam Spy Brief Case".

And if you now what that is then you are over 50 yrs old!

I attempted to download the pictures I took while yall where in Texas but when I got to work over here in Africa, I found out I did not have the correct USB cord for my camera.

I have great photos of EK wearing her PINK TEXAS LONGHORN CAP, Pictures of Mia that Ethan took with my camera...hee heh

Miss yall already.. so please add more photos and videos.

Please give my thanks to that Shawn guy for getting the kolachies(spelling?)every morning.

Wish I had brought some with me to Angola.

Love
Pop/Dad
GranPaw

Anonymous said...

What a fun Texas Christmas!! I am glad you are back! Talk to you very soon. Ivey

Darden Family said...

What a fun time! Looks like you had more fun in TX than the Darden family did...didn't take much! The kiddos look very stylish in their knitted goods. Happy New Year! Teresa