Friday, July 3, 2009

Six Weeks three days

Look who's six weeks old!
Week six was looking great until an old nursing issue showed back up on Tuesday. By Wednesday, I was not a happy mama and was so close to throwing in the towel. In fact, at 4 am on Thursday morning I was at Kroger buying bottles because things were not going well.
I gave it one more shot at our first feeding on Thursday morning and of course, it was a great feeding. All feedings have been back on track since then. So, I guess we're good again.

On the up side, Shawn sent me to get a spa facial this afternoon for some relaxation.
That Shawny, he's a keeper.

Here are a few random shots of Ava from today.
These are not exciting, but this is what she does folks...nothing.
Having a little one-on-one with Daddy before he mows the lawn.

Snuggling with Daddy.

Getting mad in the bouncer while E.K. and Ethan grab a photo op with their fave
baby sister.

She can stick out her tongue.
In fact, this is the source of our reoccurring nursing issue...the tongue thrust (+ high palette + thrush). Argh.

She actually fills out the 0-3 month sleeper now, length-wise anyway.
The hospital completely measured her length inaccurately at birth. I think they said 21 inches or something like that...nope. When we measured her at her 1 week visit, she was 18 3/4. I know that measurement was right because I helped and asked the nurse to do it twice.
Sorry Grammy, you may have to change her stats in your scrap book if you have one going already.

Ava is still sleeping great. She does great at naptimes and is still doing well at night. We usually get up one time around 4am. Once I can get this little dot to 10 pounds I'm hoping she'll stretch that a little more. We're definitely in the 9 pounder range although with that little princess pea head it's hard to tell!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love the shot of her with a sleepy Shawn. It looks like she's checking for a heart beat!

Anonymous said...

I can always change the length. HA!!!
I am excited that this time next week I will be able to hold her and love on her. I was glad to see a picture of her and her Daddy. There wasn't a picture of him and her in all the pictures you all send me. She is precious looking.
Love,
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. She is so beautiful. I can't get over how much she looks like you. I miss that sweet sugar.
Love you, Mom

Pamela Johnson said...

She is so cute! Hang in there with the nursing, you can stick it out!

Kyla said...

Once again Heather, just like when you got the OTHER strain of the flu, you can do the impossible! I am proud of you for sticking in there and will pray you are on a roll this week. On a funnier note...we all have the pictures on Daddy sleeping with baby one and maybe baby 2, but I think it is funny that with baby 4, Shawn is just snuggling! does God give everybody more energy with each baby????