Friday, October 31, 2008

The Winged Threesome

We had a very busy but fun day today. Friday is library day at Hanks Christian Academy so we went there first and smartened up a bit.
Then we dashed by Taco Bell because I had a hankerin' for a bean burrito. (Glenn, can I get an Amen on that one?)
Then we put E.K. down for her nap and went to work on our pumpkins.
Here we are digging the goop out.

Ethan chose the "easy" level pattern for carving. And the book was right,
it was easy! Mia on the other hand chose a "challenging" pattern two months ago. It was a castle with trees and very intricate details. She had her heart set on it.
Mama broke two pumpkin saws and the castle before it was all over with.
So Mia's pumpkin was turned back into a pumpkin and we just turned it around
so the ugly won't show.

All the kiddos dressed up for the fall festival at our church tonight.
After everyone's costumes were decided on, we realized they were all winged.
And cute, might I add.
Angel Mia

Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!

Ella Kate was a busy little bee.

The kids had a blast tonight and received lots of candy at each game room they visited.
This is a huge outreach to our growing community and we look forward to serving each year.
Dad was in charge of concessions for the night with the rest of our FUEL class.
It was a big success (he's still there cleaning up, so I'm sure he is pooped too!)

Oh look! We found another busy little bee friend right before we left.
This is Remi and she was so sweet to tolerate this picture when she really just wanted to go home (or eat E.K.'s lollipop, I couldn't tell which one).
Seriously, that was E.K.'s 5th lollipop for the night.
She is crazy about them. But she doesn't finish one...she licks each one about 10 times
and then switches to a new flavor. How else is a toddler going to add spice to their life?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't these the most adorable kids in the world !!! Love you all, Grandmama and Da

Wags said...

First of all, I'm glad you used the word "hankerin'" when referring to taco bell... b/c when i use it Reagan says "you sound like an old woman. is that an ohio word or something?"

Second... cute kids! How much fun was that last night? :)

Anonymous said...

Amen for bean burritos with no onions. Your little angel, Buzz, and that sweet little bee are TOO CUTE! I just want to squish 'em they're so sweet!

Tonya Lee said...

EK is beyond cute as a bee! Mia is always an angel, of course. I think the most for your money went to Ethan though as I know he has been wearing his costume for a while and will many times in the future I'm sure! Then, he'll have to pass it down to his friend Will a I am going to brainwash the twins into being Buzz and Woody when they are 3 bc/ how cute would that be? BTW, I like the title "Hanks Chrisitan Academy!"

Anne Grethe said...

Lovely kids in lovely outfits! Can't wait to be with you all again!

Kyla said...

They are too cute! Hate that we didn't get to visit that night....I was DONE with Halloween at the time iI saw you!

Melissa Lee said...

My little bee looks stoned...on sugar.

But then she had just spent three minutes hiding in the men's restroom, so who can be sure why she has a look of horror on her face.

Melissa